Thursday, December 4, 2008

F U CCU!

Okay...yale is fine... i mean he's sick and he needs a new heart...but really hes fine... nothing....NOTHING has changed...but apparently some fellows who have no idea the kind of mother I am...and what I've been through, and that I can glance at my child and tell you if he is okay or not....and can touch his fingers and tell you what his blood pressures are and guess his sats to within a degree..... but when it comes to a measly desat into the 50's at 3 in the morning...and I tell you he is fine, wait five minutes and I'll be there.... they take it upon themselves to "rescue" him and take him to the CCU.... now don't get me wrong... I like the CCU...its more freedom and basically the same as stepdown except I'm kicked out from 7-8 and I have to ask to come see him.... no biggy.... but Yale last night did NOT need to go to the CCU... I made it to the hospital as they were rolling him out of his bed spot with two fellows and an RT and race giggling in the background. Yale was sating 76 in the elevator down.... and the two fellows have stone cold faces and are patting my back like I'm upset or something... to tell you the truth I'm more annoyed that I got a phone call at hree in the morning that wasn't about a heart coming.... thats not an easy thing to experience when you hear of a 3 yr old passing and the family donating organs.... LOL

So anyhoo..I come in today and Kristin the NP is like... so we've saved the bedspot...he'd be back upstairs if I had my say...but Tillman says he has to wait until tomorrow.... So.... Yale wanted a change of scenery...and to make my heart skip a beat at 4 in the morning...and now he's pissed he can't sit up and play like he used to because now he has a hood on.... which is actually helping him... his sats are in the 80s when he's asleep... but really.... nothing has changed....

I get it... better safe than sorry... CCU is the place to be if you're have respiratory issues....on top of cardiac ones.... but Yale desats everynight...and I can move his probe and find a place that reads 70...LOL.... but alas...I like my sleep and am not about to stay at his bedside all night to try and convince the fellows that "Look... he's laughing and playing.... he's fine"

So that is my little rant.... I'm annoyed..... but Yale is obviously in good hands...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Probably just giving you a dry run to see how fast you could get to the hospital, little minx. Well we all need to rant once in a while, its good to lower our blood pressure.lol Sometimes ppl just need to make it look like they know what to do if a problem arises so take it with a grain of salt and the next time it really will be a heart for Yale.

Love you
Mom

Sherri said...

Ugh.... I hate when the docs don't realize how smart us mommies are!!!