Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Yesterdays old post

Hey everyone. So I was in the midst of posting yesterday after clinic in Toronto when it came to my attention that my little man was in the throws of a 102 degree fever. Needless to say I shut everything down and went to emerge. Luckily, he was fine, they did the whole work up on him, and while we were there his fever broke. So we were lucky to come home by midnight!

So instead of the long post about clinic yesterday I will just say that Yale's breathing had become a bit more laboured so Paula and Dr G put his lasix back up to 3 times a day. Looking at him now, he still isn't quite himself, but more that he was when Paula saw him. My was he a grumpy gus. But so would you if a fever was coming and you were far from the comforts of home!

Anyhoo... Dr Golding said that Yale's case is being presented on Monday, and so we should hear about the glenn on Tuesday. I was relieved to know they were doing something, seeing as Yale's road is getting bumpier and bumpier and I will be glad when his circulation isn't so wonky, and we can stop worrying about shunts and stents and what not! I was a little concerned about the discussion Dr Golding had saying he was concerned that there was no obvious cause for Yale's poor heart function. He said sometimes single ventricle hearts just have a hard time pumping, and in that case they go to transplant. I said I knew that is a very obvious risk, but I have enough stress with the surgery looming. We don't need to add to it. I'll cross that bridge when and if we come to it! Man... its like they are seriously trying to give me a nervous breakdown or something. I know how serious Yale's heart condition is, please allow me a little bit of bliss in being ignorant at times. I am trying to enjoy the time I have with Yale, not stress out about the obvious. SHEESH!
All in all, I am glad they are honest, but really. All a mother can do in this circumstance is worry... how do you want me to react?

No comments: