Sunday, August 24, 2008

We lost a friend

I got the message today and am very saddened by the news that we lost the fight for another heart child. Yale's last surgery was scheduled the same day as little Meghan's TOF surgery was. Her's was posponed for an emergency surgery to take her place. I got the sad news that Meghan didn't make it...... here is the message.

Hello Everyone,My name is Jenn and I am one of Lynn's good friends. Lynn asked me to write to you all on her behalf. It is with deep sadness and sorrow we let you all know our beautiful baby Meghan went to be with Jesus early this morning - August 23 2008. Meghan had a wonderful last day and evening before becoming suddenly ill early this morning. Once at the Children's hospital her condition deteriorated quickly and soon after, she passed away. Of course the family is absolutely devastated and in shock however, they are surrounded and supported by family members and close friends. I did talk to Lynn again to tonight and she did want you all to know, they did get to spend some time with Meghan and know she is now at peace and is with God.At present time funeral details are pending however, I will update this site as soon as I hear from Lynn or Ian.Please continue to prayer for the family as they struggle to come to terms with devastating loss.With much grief...Jenn

Meghan was a darling for the day I met her at pre-op. She brought light into her parents lives, and a smile to my face. I know her parents are greatful for the time they had with her, but this sort of loss is devastating for anyone involved. Please help me pray that her family finds some sort of peace and strength to make it through these days.

Heart hugs to all those babies out there fighting the good fight. It makes us hug our children a little tighter to know that a loss can be so sudden.

Here is a link to her facebook group http://www.new.facebook.com/group.php?gid=21033355667

No comments: