Thursday, October 23, 2008

quick update.

Just wanted to let everyone know that Yale is doing better.. He's still not "take home" good...but his bloodwork shows that he is doing better... and just when I left to come home tonight...his sats were sitting well in the lower 80's and he was on .25L of O2...which is great! Still not peeing...they've tried IV lasix and he still has tiny wet diapers...not the overloaded huge ones he used to have. I've been venting a lot to people about how I have this theory that his low sats have NOTHING to do with his cardiac function... :) but I am just a mother... and I didn't go to school for 15 years to know what the F is going on with my child... however I came to the conclusion that if Yale's heart is basically in the same state it was in September... yet for some reason he is turning blue, and he needs oxygen... then maybe he has some FLUID retaining inside of him...HELLO.... :) Alas...my measly lifelong knowledge of my child, and many month's learning his ways inside and out, are nullified by my apparent incompetence in the ways of half hearts and bladders... LOL

Okay, you got me, that may not make any sense.... but really...its frustrating that they never EVER just try what the mother thinks first...instead of doing everything else under the sun...just to avoid aknowledging that maybe I know a little bit about my baby and his heart defect, and his new plumbing... and how he breathes and how he pees and poops... you know...cuz I see him 24/7... and stuff...

Sometime I wish I could have Alex...one of the Dr's from Sick Kids just follow me around and tell all the professionals I run into on a daily basis "hey man...listen to this mom...she's not an idiot"... Alex, after all, did shake my hand and tell me "congratulations, you know your kid" when I pressured them to extubate him the LAST time after his last surgery... He felt Yale wasn't ready...and I said...oh ya...he is... LOL..and guess what... he was...

AHA! I've got an idea! I'm going to make this big button to wear that flashes and beeps and says "Listen to Mom, you egotistical idiot"

HAHA... okay enough of a rant.. Yale is doing better {not great} and I am feeling pretty good about that... and I know for a fact HEATHER... you will want one of these buttons right? although I might add to yours... "and there are MANY organs in Asher's body... work together people!"

So enough is enough... oh and If I am wrong... I will post it here... so stay tuned...

1 comment:

Heather said...

did i tell you about the ONE time cardio and nephro worked together? honestly, i had tears in my eyes, it was so beautiful! lol i would LOVE one of those buttons! we could have a crafty session in the PCCU waiting room. hey, they already think we're idiots, might as well have fun! lol see you monday! :)