Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Extubated


Hey just a super quick update to say that at 4:40am last night Yale was successfully extabated. (took his breathing tube out)


He's really labouring to breathe on his own and they are talking of putting the tube back in. This is something I don't want.... so lets all send our strength to Yale to keep up the good fight.


It was so sweet to hear his little raspy voice today, and I don't want that to go away :(


I sure love this little guy.... he is so amazingly strong and I am amazed at his strength.. I worry constantly that he'll start to run out of energy...

Please pray for him to remain extabated and start taking stronger deeper breaths... once they feel he has stablized that way they will start him on his feeds....and thats a clear sign of us coming home sooner rather than later!


Just attaching a picture of his sweet little face.... still quite swollen...but i never go a chance to see him without his breathing tube.... so its great to see him like this... AND to hear him.. :) It warms my heart and makes me yearn to hold him...i cannot wait until the first time i can hold him!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tanna, he is such a strong beautiful little guy. Our family constantly has you both in our thoughts and prayers.

C'mon Yale!! Keep up the good work!!!

Anonymous said...

Tanna that is great news hopefully he gets stronger and they won't have to put the tube back in sending Yale all my strength

Kimmie

Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear he is breathing on his own, he sounds like a lil'fighter I hope the tube does not go back in.Thinking about you guys and Yale!!